Wingecarribee Shire Mayor puts the call out to nominate
The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are now calling for nominations.
“The awards provide an opportunity for community groups, businesses and individuals to receive recognition and acknowledgement for a job well done. By nominating someone you know achieving socially, economically or environmentally, we can showcase the valuable assets of our community – our people,” said Wingecarribee Shire Mayor, Councillor Ken Halstead.
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
- The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Award
- The Crown Lands Community of the Year Award
- The Office of Trade, Business and Industry Business Development Organisation Award
- The Office of Trade, Business and Industry Events and Tourism Award
- The Salvation Army Employment Plus Business and Employment Award
- The Peabody Environment and Landcare Award
- The Prime Super Regional and Rural Development Award
- The Essential Energy Regional Service Award
Nominate for a chance to win a share in $40,000 thanks to the Commonwealth Bank or an advertising package on PRIME7.
All category winners will also receive a magnificent hand crafted glass trophy.
“As an inspiring and innovative community, I am positive that we have many worthy contenders in our area.”
“If you would like more information on how to nominate an individual, business or community project; or be nominated yourself; pick up an enquiry form from your local Commonwealth Bank branch or from Wingecarribee Shire Council,” said Councillor Halstead.
The NSW and ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are proudly supported by The Land Newspaper, The Local Government and Shires Associations of NSW and Sirromet Wines.
For more information or nomination forms please contact the awards Office on 1300 735 445 or visit the website at www.awardsaustralia.com.
Nominations close 5 August 2011.