Views on loos needed for draft Public Toilet Strategy
Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking comment from residents after councillors endorsed the draft Public Toilet Strategy which went on public exhibition this week.
Council’s Senior Asset Officer of Building Assets, Rachel Forte explained the purpose of the draft strategy.
“The draft Public Toilet Strategy details how our public toilets will be managed in the years ahead,” she said. “It looks at how Council will provide, develop and maintain these facilities to meet future demands.”
The draft Public Toilet Strategy was unanimously endorsed by Councillors at Wednesday evening’s Ordinary Meeting of Council where it was agreed the draft document be placed on exhibition until the beginning of August 2017.
The draft strategy was developed by looking at both the current number of public toilets Council maintains and also planning for future growth.
Specific issues looked at within the document include:
- the number, location, accessibility, size and type of public toilets to be provided;
- facility and asset standards which will drive new and renewal capital programs, depreciation schedules and developer guidelines; and
- the level of service to which public toilet facilities should be maintained and operated.
“We encourage as many residents as possible to view the draft strategy and make comment by the closing date,” Ms Forte said.
For further information, or to view a copy of the draft Public Toilet Strategy, visit www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au or www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/development/whats-on-public-exhibition, the Moss Vale Civic Centre or Council’s Mittagong, Bowral, Moss Vale libraries or mobile library.
Submissions and feedback close 4.00pm Wednesday 2 August 2017.
Submissions can be made:
- Online at yoursaywingecarribee.com.au
- Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or in writing addressed to Wingecarribee Shire Council
PO Box 141, Moss Vale , 2577
Following the close of the exhibition period, all responses will be collated and included in a final report to be considered by Council.
For further information contact Council’s Built Assets Team on phone (02) 4868 0888.