COVID-19 Rates deferral application now online
Application forms for Wingecarribee Shire Council’s COVID-19 deferral of rates and charges are now available for residents and businesses impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
General Manager Ann Prendergast said the application forms to defer rates follows last week’s decision by Council to introduce a range of financial support measures aimed at supporting affected residents and businesses.
“Application forms to defer rates and charges for the next six months have now been uploaded to multiple locations on our website,” Ms Prendergast said.
Application forms for Council’s COVID-19 Rates and Charges Deferral Application form can be found online at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-update.
Alternatively, residents looking under the Rates section of Council’s website will also find the form at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/rates.
Completed forms can be returned via email to email@example.com or via post to Wingecarribee Shire Council, PO Box 141, Moss Vale NSW 2577.
“We understand that there may be some delay in getting the required paperwork from other agencies,” Ms Prendergast added. “If this occurs we ask that applicants hold off on lodging their application form until that paperwork arrives.”
Council’s initial COVID-19 community and business financial support package includes:
- Rates deferred for all business-rated properties for the next six (6) months starting 1 April 2020. This will apply where the property owner runs a business from the premise or provides a rent deferral period for business tenants.
- Rates deferred for all property owners who have lost employment or have been stood down due to the Federal Government’s enforced business closures for the next six (6) months.
- Removal of all interest charges on overdue rates and charges (including water and sewer) for a period of 12 months commencing 1 April 2020.
- Provision of rental subsidy for six (6) months for Council-owned properties which are occupied by a small business or organisation impacted by the Federal Government’s enforced business closures.
- Provision of fee reduction for all outdoor dining areas, materials on footpaths and environment and health inspections commencing 1 April 2020 for a period of six (6) months.
“I would encourage all residents and businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to take advantage of this offer,” Ms Prendergast added.
“We know that this crisis is affecting everybody differently and I’d also remind our ratepayers of our Financial Hardship Policy which allows us to look at individual circumstances on a case-by-case basis.”
Businesses or residents wishing to learn more about Council’s COVID-19 Financial Support Package or discuss their individual circumstances should call Council’s Revenue Team on phone 4868 0888.
“We firmly believe that if we continue to support each other through these difficult days we’ll all pull through together on the other side.”