Bowral Library to host free ‘Wills and Power of Attorney’ information session
As part of National Law Week 2013, Bowral Library will be hosting a free information session Planning for the future – Wills and Power of Attorney on Friday 17 May.
A speaker from the Law Society of NSW will explain the laws concerning one of the most important legal documents you will ever have to make and will answer some vital questions including:
- What makes a will valid?
- How do you ensure your estate will be distributed in the manner you want?
- Who gets what if there is no will?
- What are the hidden traps in making a will?
- How can you protect your interests with a power of attorney?
- What are the laws concerning guardianship?
- How should you make changes to your will?
Law Week is an annual event aimed at increasing public awareness about the law, the legal system and the legal profession as well as educating the community about the legal services available in New South Wales.
The week runs from 13 – 19 May 2013 and involves a variety of events around the state. To learn more about National Law Week visit www.lawweek.com.au.
The information session Planning for the future – Wills and Power of Attorney will be held in the Henrietta Rose Room at Bowral Library on Friday 17 May at 11am. Booking are essential, so please visit Bowral Library or phone (02) 4861 1167 to secure a place.