The official ‘Flick of the Switch’ at Corbett Gardens tonight will light up the 2023 Festival of Lights! We’re talking many kilometres of fairy lighting, live music and stunning lighting installations! For your safety however, due to weather warnings the planned Friday night concert and games have been cancelled. Check out the full festival program of events throughout the month of December, surrounding this year’s spectacular lighting installations.
Celebrations will shine a light on the Angels In Our Town on Saturday night. Come along for the 7pm Bong Bong Street parade of our community’s unsung and unseen heroes and let’s say THANKYOU!
We’re thrilled to partner with the Festival of Lights again this year and have increased our investment to help organisers make it even bigger and better with loads of fun for the whole family. Affectionately known to the community as Fairy One and Fairy Two, Michaela Bolzan and Deb Blackah have been busily stringing many kilometres of fairy lights and bumping-in spectacular light installations as the backdrop to a jam-packed program of special events and concerts throughout December.
“We’re beyond excited to share all that we’ve created for the community to enjoy this year as we celebrate the magic of the festive season here in the Southern Highlands together,” Michaela says.
It all starts tonight with a Friday night Flick of the Switch in Corbett Gardens, so be there for the big reveal. From December 1st through 31st, other highlights will include:
- Friday 1st December 6:30-8pm Fllick of the Switch in Corbett Gardens
- Saturday 2nd December 7pm Angels in our Town Bong Bong Street Parade
- Thursday 7th December 5-10pm Christmas Night Markets
- Friday 8th – Sunday 10th December Southern Highlands Food & Wine Festival experienced for the first time ever with the added ambience of the Festival of Lights installations
- Thursday 14th December 7-9pm Southern Highlands’ Family Carols
- Friday 15th December A Celebration of Light
- Saturday 16th December 6-8pm (kids) 8-10pm (teens) Bop Til You Drop
- Sunday 31st December 7pm-12:30am Highland FM 100% Home Grown NYE Countdown Concert
Back by popular demand is magical Santa’s Grotto, 16th to 24th December, where you can wander through the enchanted wonderland for family photos with Santa.
“What better way to come together and celebrate the festive season here in Wingecarribee than at the magical Festival of Lights,” Deb Blacker says.
For weekly updates on all that’s happening across our shire join Council’s Your Shire e-news https://www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/Council/Newsletters