Draft Parks Strategy on exhibition
Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking comment from residents after councillors endorsed the draft Parks Strategy which went on public exhibition this week.
Council’s Parks Assets Coordinator, Peter Byrne explained the purpose of the draft strategy.
“The draft Parks Strategy details how our public parks will be managed in the years ahead,” he said. “It looks at how Council will provide, develop and maintain our Shire’s parks for future generations.”
The draft Parks Strategy was unanimously endorsed by councillors at last week’s Ordinary Meeting of Council where it was agreed the draft document be placed on exhibition until the end of June 2016.
The draft strategy was developed by looking at both the current number of parks Council maintains and also planning for future growth.
Specific issues looked at within the document include:
- the number, location, accessibility, size and type of parks to be provided;
- facility and asset standards which will drive new and renewal capital programs, depreciation schedules and developer guidelines; and
- the level of service to which parks and facilities should be maintained and operated eg. provision of playgrounds, seating and bins.
“We encourage as many residents as possible to view the draft plan and make comment by the closing date,” Mr Byrne said.
For further information, or to view a copy of the draft Parks Strategy, visit www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au or www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/development/whats-on-public-exhibition, the Moss Vale Civic Centre or Council’s Mittagong, Bowral, Moss Vale libraries or mobile library.
Submissions and feedback close 4.00pm Wednesday 29 June 2016.
Submissions can be made:
- Online at yoursaywingecarribee.com.au
- Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or in writing addressed to Wingecarribee Shire Council
PO Box 141, Moss Vale , 2577
Following the close of the exhibition period, all responses will be collated and included in a final report to be considered by Council.
For further information contact Council’s Parks Assets Team on phone (02) 4868 0888.