Want to feel inspired to do something good for your home and neighbourhood? Tap into the practical knowledge of sustainability experts and discover the impact you can make in your own home, through our Good For The Hood @ Home Program. A six-week series of online workshops from 14 August to 21 September 2023.
Made available to community members for free by Wingecarribee Shire Council, in partnership with WinZero.
Take inspiration from topics including:
- Food Sustainability with Madita Kosch, sharing ways to limit waste by planning meals and repurposing leftovers while still eating well.
- Re-using Essentials with Emma Avery, on living an eco-friendly lifestyle by making the switch to cloth nappies.
- Electric Vehicle with Daniel Bleakley, busting myths about EV adoption.
- Energy Efficiency with Adam Corrigan, exploring savings to be made on your energy bills and by investing in solar.
- Composting Techniques with master of the art, Hannah Churton, on successful worm farming and nourishing your garden with organic waste
- Low Impact Living with Kirsty Mootz, letting you in on the secrets of crafting your own natural skincare and green cleaning solutions
“What we’ve set out to do with this series is connect like-minded individuals around a common goal of making meaningful everyday changes toward a greener, more sustainable future for our Shire,” says Gaye White from WinZero.
Choose from twelve free workshops, spread over the six-week period, or take part in them all! Each topic comprises of two workshops with engaging Q&A time, to help get you started with whatever sustainable changes you would most like to try at home.
Offering the sessions online provides flexibility for you to join in at your convenience, from the comfort of home. Once you are registered, you’ll be able to log in at any time and catch-up on any content.
“The information you take away from the sustainability specialists hosting these sessions will equip you to make better day-to-day choices in your home that will contribute to making a big impact over time,” Gaye says. “Good for the Hood @ Home is a safe and inclusive space for our local community to share ideas and encourage one another in our efforts toward living more sustainably.”
Register Now to see full details of session dates and times and get involved in the Good For The Hood @ Home Program, Wingecarribee Council are proud to be bringing expert knowledge and insights into your home that will resonate for generations to come.
For weekly updates on all that’s happening across our shire join Council’s Your Shire e-news https://www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/Council/Newsletters