Wingecarribee Shire Council wishes to advise that as a part of its regular Works Program, road works are scheduled to commence in Ellsmore Road, from Exeter Road to Middle Road at Exeter, and from Ringwood Lane to Morgans Road at Bundanoon, with a tentative construction start date of 17 March 2016.
Construction will commence on the Exeter section first, with the Bundanoon section to follow.
These works will include:
- Removal of approximately 55 trees,
- Planting of native vegetation and erection of nesting hollows to offset tree removal,
- Extension and repair of cross culverts,
- Reconstruction of the road pavement,
- Remediation of the road side table drains for safety improvements,
- Bitumen sealing of the new pavement surface, and
- Safety signage improvements.
Each section will be closed to the general public whilst works are underway. Access for residents will be maintained by the contractor.
Road users are also cautioned to follow the changed traffic conditions, exercise care when traveling through the work zones and be aware of loose stones and heavy machinery within the work areas.
Weather permitting the works are anticipated to be completed by mid-May 2016.
Council thanks motorists in advance for their cooperation and apologises for any delays or inconvenience.
For further information contact Council’s Infrastructure Services Branch on 4868 0570.