Wingecarribee Shire Council wishes to advise that as part of its commitment to improving infrastructure in the Shire, the Clarence Street car park in Moss Vale has been scheduled for improvement works commencing the week ending 27 May 2011.
The project will involve:
- the creation of loading zones,
- construction of a concrete path between the car park and Clarence Street,
- installation of a new exit from the car park,
- provision of a new pedestrian crossing,
- drainage and lighting upgrade works, and
- the installation of speed humps and minor variations to existing kerb, traffic islands and markings.
The work will be undertaken by a Council Contractor and weather permitting, should be completed by late July 2011.
Work will be carried out both during the day and evening with the majority of construction activities undertaken after 5pm to minimise traffic disruption.
Whilst traffic will be managed during daylight hours by traffic controllers, road users are reminded to follow the changed traffic conditions, exercise care when traveling through the work zones and be aware of heavy machinery within the work areas.
Council asks the public to exercise patience during this period and will make every effort to minimise disruptions.
Council apologises for any delays or inconvenience.
For further information contact Council’s Infrastructure Services Division on 4868 0832.