Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking business owners within the local tourism industry to join a new Southern Highlands focused Visitor Economy Advisory Panel (VEAP).
The panel will work with Council to further the region’s footprint within the NSW tourism economy.
Apart from having a number of key decision-making opportunities, the VEAP will also provide a forum for engagement, advice and recommendations, to help develop a robust visitor economy and create effective networks and partnerships between Wingecarribee Shire Council (WSC), visitor economy stakeholders, community and business.
The VEAP will provide a focus on industry trends, potential future projects, programs, product development and advocacy. It will keep Council plans on track to meet current and future tourism demands, while identifying visitor economy and tourism opportunities that support growth and sustainability of our local tourism operators, community and businesses.
Local business owners are encouraged to apply. If you’re registered and operating in the Southern Highlands that provides a tourism-based product including accommodation, restaurants, tours, attractions and bookable experiences, cellar doors, breweries, distilleries, farm gates, tourism-focused food producers or any other tourism-related event, we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Expression of Interest process, applicants will be asked to respond to a series of questions and eligibility criteria including, but not limited to:
- You need to reside and/or work within the Wingecarribee Shire Council local government area.
- Can demonstrate your understanding of the tourism industry and opportunities relevant to the Southern Highlands region.
- Have professional or lived experience or skills relevant to the tourism industry.
- Can demonstrate your ability to provide advice to Council, which is strategic, not politically biased, and considers a whole of Southern Highlands.
- Can work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Have an understanding of the role, function and services provided by the various tiers of government in the visitor economy space.
Council will appoint VEAP members as individuals, not as formal representatives of any specific community, community organisation, business interest, or industry group.
Successful applications will be appointed for two years, starting 1 July 2024.
There is a maximum of two applications per business. Applications for multiple locations for the same business will not be accepted.
Places are limited and will be assessed on a best fit to eligibility criteria.
Expressions of Interest Applications close on Monday 4 March 2024 at 4pm
Further information visit: https://participatewingecarribee.wsc.nsw.gov.au/visitor-economy-advisory-panel-veap-expression-interest
Or contact: Suzanne.email@example.com