The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are now calling for nominations.
Wingecarribee Shire Mayor, Councillor Juliet Arkwright said the awards provide an opportunity for community groups, businesses and individuals to receive recognition and acknowledgement for a job well done.
“I encourage everybody to nominate someone they know who is achieving social, economic or environmental change in our Shire,” Mayor Arkwright said. “By doing so they’ll be helping to shine a spotlight on the most valuable asset in our community – our people.”
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
- The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Corporate Manager Award
- The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Community Managers Award
- The Prime Super Community of the Year Award Over 15,000 in Population Award
- The Prime Super Community of the Year Award Under 15,000 in Population Award
- The Peabody Environment and Landcare Award
- The Dobija World Events & Tourism Award
- The Elite Coatings Regional Service Award
Winners will receive either $5000 thanks to the Commonwealth Bank or television advertising on PRIME7.
“As an inspiring and innovative community, I am positive that we have many worthy contenders in our region,” Mayor Arkwright said.
For more information on how to nominate an individual, business or community project; or be nominated yourself; pick up an enquiry form from a local Commonwealth Bank branch or from Council’s Moss Vale Civic Centre.
Winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner Presentation at the Wagga Wagga RSL on Saturday 1 November 2014.
The NSW and ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are proudly supported by The Land Newspaper and Angrove Family Winemakers.
For more information or nomination forms contact the Awards Office on 1300 735 445 or visit www.awardsaustralia.com
Nominations close 31 July 2014.