Wingecarribee Shire Council in conjunction with the Electoral Commission of NSW will be conducting a local Candidate Information Seminar on Tuesday 3 July 2012 commencing at 5.00pm for any persons interested in standing for the forthcoming September Council Elections.
Some of the topics to be covered in the seminar include:
- a summary of recent legislative changes
- the election timetable
- the electoral roll
- who can be a candidate and how to nominate
- candidates and political party names on ballot papers
- campaigning and advertising
- complaints handling by NSWEC
- counting ballot papers
- funding and disclosure obligations
Pre-registration is not required; however, interested participants can subscribe to receive news and updates about the seminars atwww.votensw.info.
The seminar will be held in Council’s Moss Vale Civic Centre Theatrette located on Elizabeth Street, Moss Vale.
For further details contacts the NSWEC candidate call centre on phone 1300 135 736.
New South Wales Local Government elections will be held on Saturday 8 September.