Draft Wingecarribee Local Planning strategy on exhibition
Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking comment from the community after councillors endorsed the draft Local Planning Strategy which commenced public exhibition on Wednesday 15 July 2015.
The draft document identifies a long-term direction for the future development of the Shire upon which any proposed amendments to the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) can be based.
“The draft Local Planning Strategy provides a ‘snapshot’ of the Shire in 2015,” said Mark Pepping, Council’s Deputy General Manager of Corporate, Strategy and Development Services.
“It also identifies the key issues most likely to affect our land use options over the next 16 years whilst also respecting our community’s goals and priorities.”
These include retaining a largely rural character across the Shire and maintaining a discreet rural buffer between our towns and villages.
The draft document will be on exhibition from Wednesday 15 July until Friday 11 September 2015.
The document can be viewed online at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au and www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au or at Council’s Moss Vale Civic Centre and at Council’s libraries.
Copies will also be made available at the Robertson General Store, Exeter General Store and Canyonleigh Country Store.
‘Drop-in ‘exhibition days have also been planned for the following dates:
- Moss Vale – Jellore Room, Civic Centre, Wednesday 22 July, 12 August, 26 August and 9 September from 3pm to 6pm.
- Moss Vale – Gibraltar Room, Civic Centre, Friday 17 July and Saturday 22 August from 10am to 3pm.
- Mittagong – School of Arts Room, Memorial Hall, Thursday 30 July from 10am to 4pm and Saturday 15 August from 10am to 3pm.
- Bowral – Henrietta Rose Room, next to Bowral Library, Friday 24 July from 10am to 4pm and Saturday 5 September from 10am to 3pm.
- Bundanoon – Soldiers Memorial Hall, Saturday 8 August from 10am to 3pm and Thursday 20 August from 10am to 4pm.
Feedback and submissions must be made by 4.30pm on Friday 11 September via:
- Email at email@example.com
- Online at yoursaywingecarribee.com.au/arts-and-culture
- Or in writing addressed to:The General Manager
Wingecarribee Shire Council
PO Box 141
Moss Vale NSW 2577
Following the close of the exhibition period, all submissions will be considered and a final report will be presented to Council for Adoption. The adopted Strategy will then be forwarded to the Secretary for Planning for endorsement.
For further information contact Council’s Strategic Planning Team on phone (02) 4868 0888.