Council calls for Committee reps
Wingecarribee Shire Council is calling on members of the public to join Council’s advisory committees and reference groups.
The call comes after Council this week adopted its committee structure and appointed councillor representatives.
Council’s Group Manager of Corporate and Community, Nick O’Connor explained the role advisory committees played.
“Advisory Committees provide a mechanism by which interested residents and stakeholders can provide input into council policy development, direction and practice,” he said.
Positions on Council Advisory Committees and Reference Groups have become vacant with the commencement of the new term of Council.
Positions are available on the following Committees and Reference Groups:
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee
- Southern Regional Livestock Exchange Advisory Committee
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Access Community Reference Group
- Seniors Community Reference Group
- Youth Strategy and Action Plan Sunset Working Group
- Demographics and Housing Advisory Committee
- Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee
- Tulip Time Community Reference Group
- Environment and Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Risk, Audit and Continuous Improvement Advisory Committee
- Sport and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Wingecarribee Floodplain Risk Management Advisory Committee
“Committees play an important role by providing a community perspective on Council key decisions of Shire-wide significance,” Mr O’Connor said.
“We believe there’s a lot of knowledge and experience within our community and ideally we’d love to hear from people with a background in the area they’re interested in joining,” he said.
Council’s advisory committees generally meet once every three months.
Interested parties should complete a nomination form located on Council’s website at www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au/committees or call 4868 0789 to have one posted.
Applications close 15 January 2017.
“We encourage anyone who has a genuine interest in any of these areas to apply.”
For more information contact Council’s Administration Officer, Belinda Serone on phone 4868 0789.