The NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) in conjunction with Wingecarribee Shire Council will be accepting unwanted chemicals as part of its annual Chemical CleanOut program on Saturday 13 April 2013 at Council’s Moss Vale Depot.
Residents can drop off their unwanted household chemicals – FREE of charge – at Council’s Moss Vale Works Depot (entry via Parkes Road), Moss Vale from 9.00am to 3.30pm.
Chemicals that can be dropped off include residential quantities (20kg or 20 litre maximum container) of:
- pesticides and herbicides,
- paints and paint products,
- solvents and household cleaners,
- motor oils and fuels,
- car batteries,
- gas bottles,
- fire extinguishers,
- fluorescent globes and tubes,
- pool and hobby chemicals (ie. photography),
- acids and alkalis,
- poisons, and
- floor care products and ammonia based cleaners
Last year, more than 20 tonnes of chemicals were surrendered on the collection day.
For more information call the Environment Line on phone 131 555 or visit www.cleanout.com.au.