Bulky waste collection dates announced
The second annual bulky waste collection service will return to the Wingecarribee Shire from Monday 30 January 2023, with specified zones and dates for the Shire-wide collection.
The service provides residents with a hassle-free way to dispose of larger, unwanted household items by placing them on the kerbside for collection. There is no need to book and collections are available to all residents with a domestic waste service.
Collections will run from 30 January and continue until late April 2023.
Karin Targa Council’s Director Service and Project Delivery said community feedback was taken onboard following the inaugural collection and several improvements have been implemented.
“We’ve divided the Shire-wide collection service into 10 smaller zones to minimise the amount of time bulky waste is left out on the kerbside.
“We’ve also introduced a three-pile system and we ask residents to separate general waste, metals and their mattress which is limited to one per household.”
To help keep our streets tidy, we remind residents to place items out the night before their scheduled collection week and not to add to the pile once the service is underway.
The 2023 bulky waste collection zones and dates are listed below:
- Monday 30 January to Sunday 5 February – Bundanoon, Penrose and Wingello
- Monday 6 February to Sunday 12 February – Sutton Forest, Werai, Exeter and Moss Vale (western side of Argyle Street)
- Monday 13 February to Sunday 19 February – Moss Vale (eastern side of Argyle Street)
- Monday 20 February to Sunday 26 February – Burradoo, Berrima, Medway and New Berrima
- Monday 27 February to Sunday 5 March – East Kangaloon, Glenquarry, Kangaloon, Avoca, Burrawang, Fitzroy Falls, Robertson and Wildes Meadow
- Monday 6 March to Sunday 12 March – East Bowral (eastern side of Old South Road)
- Monday 13 March to Sunday 19 March – Bowral (western side of Old South Road)
- Monday 20 March to Sunday 26 March – Mittagong, Welby and Woodlands
- Monday 27 March to Sunday 2 April – Aylmerton, Balaclava, Braemar, Renwick and Willow Vale
- Monday 3 April to Sunday 9 April – Balmoral, Buxton, Alpine, Colo Vale, Hill Top and Yerrinbool
Bulky waste collections will again be limited to a maximum of 2 cubic metres for general waste, including metals. For safe handling, please ensure that two people can lift all items left for collection.
With the environment in mind, householders are encouraged to consider re-using, recycling, repairing or donating their unwanted goods prior to disposing.
A dedicated waste hotline has been established for schedule enquiries and missed pickups. The hotline is available between 8 am and 5 pm weekdays on 1300 133 969.
Each household with a domestic waste service will receive a brochure in the mail to advise of accepted items, zones and dates for collection.
For more information visit wsc.nsw.gov.au/bulky-waste.