Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on its draft Small Reserves Bush Fire Management Plan.
Now in its final stage of development, the plan has been prepared to manage bush fire risk and hazard reduction work in eight small reserves across the Shire over the next five years.
These reserves include the Medway Reserve in Medway, Boronia Park in Hill Top, Yerrinbool Reserve in Yerrinbool, Leaver Park in Bundanoon, Apple Street, Berrima, Berrima River and River Bend Reserves in Berrima.
The draft Wingecarribee Small Reserves Bush Fire Management Plan will be on public exhibition until Wednesday 31 July 2013 and may be viewed at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Wingecarribee Council Civic Centre, Elizabeth Street, Moss Vale
- Bowral Library, Bendooley Street, Bowral
- Mittagong Library, Queen Street, Mittagong
- Moss Vale Library, Elizabeth Street Moss Vale
- NSW Rural Fire Service Fire Control Centre, corner Priestly and Etheridge Streets, Mittagong
Rural Fire Service members can also view the plan at the following stations:
- Bundanoon Fire Station,
- Bundanoon Berrima Fire Station,
- Berrima Hill Top Fire Station,
- Hill Top Yerrinbool Fire Station, Everest Street, Yerrinbool
A copy of the draft plan can also be found on Council’s website under ‘What’s On Exhibition’.
Submissions and feedback are encouraged and can be made in writing via email, fax or letter and must be received by 4.30pm on Wednesday 31 July 2013.
Written submissions should be addressed to:
Bushland Projects Officer
Wingecarribee Shire Council
PO Box 141
Moss Vale, NSW 2577
Or via email at email@example.com (submissions should quote Ref:6860 and 6439/8).
For further information contact Council’s Bushland Project Officer Karen Guymer on phone (02) 4868 0819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org