Help set the future direction of our Shire by participating in Council’s guiding documents
Take part in Council’s plans for the year ahead by reviewing and providing feedback on the actions, activites and programs outlined in Council’s Draft Delivery Program 2023-25 and Operational Plan and Budget 2023/24.
We are happy to share that the Draft Integrated Planning and Reporting documents, including budget, fees and charges (2023/24) were endorsed for public exhibition at Wednesday’s Extraordinary Meeting of Council.
Council’s General Manager, Lisa Miscamble, said the documents were critically important for the Shire. “The Operational Plan and Budget can be likened to a blueprint for future work that help Council allocate our financial, physical and human resources to meet priority projects for our community in the year ahead.”
Highlights from the budget include almost $84M to be spent on key infrastructure projects across the Shire in the twelve months ahead including:
- $27 million on the sewerage network,
- $23 million on road infrastructure, and
- $9.5 million on drainage infrastructure.
Key projects set to be completed or commenced in the coming 23/24 year include:
- Southern Highlands Regional Animal Shelter & SES
- David Wood Playspace Upgrade
- Design of Moss Vale Bypass
- Completion of Old South Road Renewal
- Bowral & Moss Vale Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade
The Operational Plan has a strong focus on financial sustainability and asset renewal, supported by a detailed budget that sets out rates, fees, and charges for the year.
The General Manager said feedback from residents was crucial to the draft documents being formally adopted. “This is the community’s opportunity to help set the future direction for our Shire,” she said.
The draft documents will be on public exhibition from Friday 12 May 2023 to 9 June 2023 at yoursaywingecarribee.com.au. Hard copies will also be available from the Moss Vale Civic Centre and Council libraries.
Drop-in information sessions will also be held in the following locations:
- CTC Robertson -Tuesday 23 May 2022 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Bundanoon Soldiers’ Memorial Hall – Thursday 25 May 2022 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Colo Vale Community Hall – Tuesday 30 May from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Civic Centre, Moss Vale – Thursday 1 June 2023 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Feedback and submissions can be made via:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- complete an online submission form at yoursaywingecarribee.com.au
- in writing addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 141, Moss Vale, NSW 2577.
Following the close of the exhibition period, a final report considering submissions will be presented to Council.
Join our Your Shire e-news for weekly updates on opportunities like this at