Get in quick to complete Environment Levy survey
Wingecarribee Shire Council is reminding residents that the chance to have their say on Council’s proposal to extend the Environment Levy is fast closing.
The opportunity to complete a survey closes on Monday 12 December 2011.
Whilst the survey closes this Monday, residents will still be able to comment on the Environment Levy via written letter or the community forum website until the 27 January 2012.
Chair of Council’s Environment and Sustainability Committee, Councillor Larry Whipper encouraged all residents to view the documentation and provide feedback.
“Whilst we believe the current Environment Levy represents great value for the community, it’s important the community have their say regarding our proposal to extend the Levy,” he said.
Residents wanting to learn more about the proposal can view information at the following locations:
- Log onto www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au
- View displays in the Moss Vale Civic Centre or local libraries
- Read the associated documentation and consider how Council’s recently amended Delivery Program, Resourcing Strategy and Operational Plan are affected
- Complete a survey or participate in an online forum
- Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Write to PO Box 141, Moss Vale 2577
To date almost 700 residents have completed and submitted a survey, with another 300 having participated in a random telephone survey.
“I encourage all residents to have their say about our proposal to extend the current Environment Levy,” Councillor Whipper said.
“Because ultimately the actions we take today, will have consequences for years to come.”
For more information visit www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au or contact Barry Arthur or the Environment Levy Project Team on phone 4868 0888.