Environment Levy – survey closing date extended and community kiosks announced
Wingecarribee Shire Council staff will be getting out into the community over the coming fortnight to explain Council’s decision to support a motion to have the Environment Levy extended and seek feedback.
The Environment Levy, first introduced in 2000, is due to expire in June 2013. Council is subsequently proposing to apply to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) early next year to seek a continuation of the levy.
Manager of Environment and Sustainability, Barry Arthur said “The response to our random telephone and postal surveys has been great but we want to ensure as many people as possible are given the opportunity to be involved in this important decision.”
“Subsequently we have extended the survey closing date to Monday 12 December. Staff from the Environment Levy Project Team will be visiting the Highlands Marketplace and local markets to encourage survey completion and talk about the numerous environmental projects funded by the levy.”
Environment Levy programs include weed removal, bush regeneration, sediment and erosion control, restoration of degraded land, and the conservation and enhancement of our Shire’s natural biodiversity.
Residents wanting to learn more about the proposal can participate at the following locations:
- Bundanoon Markets – Saturday 4 December from 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Highlands Marketplace – Tuesday 6 December from 3pm to 6pm
- Bowral Markets – Saturday 10 December from 8.30am to 2pm
- Robertson Markets – Sunday 11 December from 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Log onto www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au
- View displays in the Moss Vale Civic Centre or local libraries
- Complete a survey or participate in an online forum (we will be randomly selecting residents to participate in telephone and postal surveys as well)
- Email directly to email@example.com, or
- Write to PO Box 141, Moss Vale 2577
The opportunity to complete a survey has been extended until Monday 12 December 2011. Residents can continue to comment in other ways until 27 January 2012.
For more information visit www.yoursaywingecarribee.com.au or contact Barry Arthur and the Environment Levy Project Team on phone 4868 0888.