Garbage collections will proceed as per normal for residents over the holiday period, albeit a little earlier.
“Workers from Wingecarribee Shire Council’s Resource Recovery Centre will still be collecting rubbish bins on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day,” said Resource Recovery Site Supervisor, Andrew Leslie.
“However, to allow our staff to enjoy Christmas Day and the other public holidays with their families – and to ensure they don’t miss Saint Nick’s arrival – our drivers will be leaving earlier than normal,” Mr Leslie said. “We’re therefore asking residents who would normally have their bins collected on these days to ensure their bins are out on their kerbs from 11.00pm the evening before.”
“Collecting the bins earlier also allows our heavy vehicles to be off the streets on what is traditionally the busiest morning of the year,” he said.
Residents are also reminded that the Resource Recovery Centre is now accepting polystyrene packaging free of charge.
Wingecarribee Shire Council’s Resource Recovery Centre will close for the Christmas break from 12 noon Friday 21 December and again on Christmas and Boxing Day.
Following the half day closure on Friday 21, gates will re-open at 7.00am on Saturday 22 December.
The facility will also be closed New Year’s Day.
- Friday 21 December – Closed 12 noon
- Saturday 22 December – Open
- Sunday 23 December – Open
- Monday 24 December – Open
- Tuesday 25 December (Christmas Day) – Closed
- Wednesday 26 December (Boxing Day) – Closed
- Thursday 27 December – Open
- Friday 28 December – Open
- Saturday 29 December – Open
- Sunday 30 December – Open
- Monday 31 December (New Year’s Eve) – Open
- Tuesday 1 January – Closed
- Wednesday 2 January – Open
The Resource Recovery Centre is located on Berrima Road, Moss Vale.
For further information visit www.wsc.nsw.gov.au or phone 4868 0555.