Council adopts 2022/23 Operational Plan and Budget
Wingecarribee Shire Council’s Interim Administrator Viv May PSM has adopted the 2022/23 Operational Plan and Budget.
Mr May said the adoption of the document paved the way for $60 million to be spent on capital works projects over the next twelve months.
“Council can now proceed with the job of delivering a variety of major projects that will have a long-lasting and positive impact on our Shire,” he said.
Highlights from the adopted 2022/23 Operational Plan and Budget include:
- $500,000 to commence works on the new Wingecarribee Animal Shelter
- $1.3 million to complete upgrade works on the Southern Regional Livestock Exchange
- $2.1 million to undertake the detailed design of the Moss Vale Bypass Project
- $2.8 million to complete the upgrade of Station Street
- $3.1 million to complete restoration works on the Bowral Memorial Hall
- $8.1 million to renew and upgrade the Shire’s sewerage network
- $9.0 million to commence the Old South Road Renewal Project (total cost $21 million)
- $11.4 million on improving the Shire’s water supply network
Another key announcement includes the allocation of $1.3 million per year for the next three years to expand Council’s existing pothole maintenance crews.
Council’s General Manager Lisa Miscamble said the budget addressed numerous community priorities.
“This year’s Operational Plan and Budget is fiscally responsible and shows that Council is listening to its residents by planning and preparing for our Shire’s future,” she said.
The Budget includes a two per cent increase in rates.
“This increase is in-line with the Council’s previously adopted Long-Term Financial Plan and will generate an additional $425,000 per year to help fund essential community services,” Ms Miscamble added.
To receive regular updates on Council’s capital works program including projects and initiatives, register for Council’s weekly e-newsletter at wsc.nsw.gov.au/newsletters.
The 2022/23 adopted Operational Plan and Budget including Revenue Policy and Fees and Charges will be available at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/Council/Strategies-Plans/Integrated-Planning-Reporting.